Best of 2010 releases

Now that it is December, it is officially time for me to start putting my best of 2010 list together. The following is just a preliminary list of my favorite albums that were released this year. I decided not to put them in order yet.

Dying & Falling - i:Scintilla
Cut & Coil - Cylab
Please - Minerve
Parity - Sensuous Enemy
Move On - Unter Null
Rise From Grey - Blume
Popgefahr - De/Vision
Exilarch - Conjure One
Torture Garden - Various Artists (compilation from Shinto Records)
Bloodwater - iVardensphere
Hold My Hand - Shiv-r
Beauty 2: Music That Touches the Soul - Various Artists
Implements of Hell - Suicide Commando
Breedless - Ego Likeness
The Mechanical Renaissance - Psyborg Corp.
Living in Transition - Access Zero
Take Care Paramour - Ashbury Heights
Cinderellicious - Cinderella Effect
Nothing is Infinite - Angelzoom
The Kill House EP - Syrenn
Tear the World Down - We Are the Fallen
Strangers - System Syn
Alle Lust Will Ewigkeit - Nachtmahr
Anything That Gets You Through the Night - Edge of Dawn
Deception Island - Bella Koshka
Crucifix Powerbomb - Santa Hates You
Dogmatic Infidel Comedown OK - IAMX
Body Talk - Robyn
The Human Animal - Android Lust

I should also note that I still need to get the latest cds by Android Lust, Decoded Feedback (which I never got), and Angels on Acid. One day I will. LOL!  Not sure on the new Combichrist cd. Their new stuff (which I have listened to online) isn't up to par like their previous albums. They are a phenomenal live act for sure. Just not crazy about their new stuff. As of this moment, my top 5 best 2010 releases includes Sensuous Enemy, Cylab, Ashbury Heights, Minerve, and Unter Null. I definitely recommend buying the latest Minerve cd. I have been listening to it non-stop. Easily the best synthpop album of 2010. The music is so damn fucking catchy. My favorite aggrotech album is a toss up between The Mechanical Renaissance and Implements of Hell. The new Angelzoom album has really grown on me lately. I don't think it is good enough to be in my top 10 but at least top 20. All in all it has been a good year for music in my opinion.

EDIT: I finally broke down and downloaded the new Android Lust album The Human Animal. I am enjoying it immensely. I hope I don't have to wait as long for a new AL album as long as I have for The Human Animal.

Comments

Popular Posts