Playlist: my favorite songs of 2010

Last week I received my copy of the new issue of Rolling Stone Magazine. In the issue there was an article with artists listing their favorite songs. You can read it all here. I was immediately inspired to create my own playlist for my blog. In fact, I think I will create a playlist for each entry this week. Tonight's entry will be my favorite songs released in 2010.


Robyn: Indestructible


I absolutely love this song off Robyn's Body Talk cd. I wasn't too fond of Robyn's 2007 self-titled album but Body Talk struck a chord with me with its catchy electro-pop tracks.

Minerve: Phoenix


I love this song. The melodies and the lyrics are just epic in my book. I have yet to get sick of this song.


Nena & Heppner: Haus Der Drei Sonnen


I have to give much credit to Side-Line for posting this clip on their website. I would not have known about the duet between Nena and ex-Wolfsheim singer Peter Heppner. Thanks to this clip, I have re-discovered Nena and have come to love her music.


Ashbury Heights: Kingdom Confession


Oh let me count the ways I love this song by Ashbury Heights. It is so freaking catchy. I can't imagine anyone not liking this song. Damn shame Ashhbury Heights is done for (or until Out of Line decided to let Anders out of his contract).


Sensous Enemy: Intentions

Intentions is by far my favorite song off the Wisconsin act's EP Parity. I love how powerful Jai's vocals are. I love the overall sound.


Angels on Acid: Haunt Me


I have been a fan of Angels on Acid for a few years now. Their music isn't totally aggrotech but certainly has elements to it as well as hints of trance. "Haunt Me" such a great song.

Comments

Popular Posts