CD reviews of the week

Got a few cds this week. Boy! Did I need some new music since I had to euthanize 2 of my bettas, and recently 1 just passed away. New music always feeds my soul especially when one's soul has had to deal with losing 3 of her wet pets.

Lady Gaga: Born This Way


I confess...I am a Lady Gaga fan. I normally hate mainstream pop music but I have been a fan since I first heard the song "Poker Face". Earlier this week, Lady G released her 2nd full length album Born This Way. Talk about massive ear candy. I have to admit I was originally not crazy about the title track but it has really grown on me quite a bit. Yes there are a few tracks that I could have lived without especially that crapfest "Government Hooker" (hated the melodies and lyrics). The weak tracks are few and fortunately are compensated by the infectious "Hair" (which will be the 4th single off the album) and "Americano". The melodies are addictive. I have "Hair" stuck in my head 24/7. I also love how there is a smattering of glam rock through out the album. It adds a nice flavor to the music.Born This Way is just a fun dance\pop album.


David Bowie: The Best of David Bowie


Lately I have been listening to a lot of David Bowie via youtube so I figure I would just get his best of compilation (when I got my Lady Gaga cd). I am not a diehard fans like many of my friends in the electronic scene. Obviously Bowie has a huge influence on many of my musician friends. This is a good compilation to quench my Bowie cravings. Gotta love his collaboration with Queen on "Under Pressure". Other favorite tracks includes "Rebel Rebel", "Changes", and China Girl". I must say his music still holds up very well in this day and age of disposable pop acts.


Decoded Feedback: Aftermath


Last year I tried to order a copy of Aftermath but for some mysterious reason, never got my copy. It either got lost or someone working for the US postal service stole it en route. Well I finally got around to ordering another copy and this time it did arrive. Aftermath totally had me right from "Silent Killer" all the way to "Demons". This is simply great industrial music, aggressive yet melodic. I have only heard one EVOlution a few years ago which really didn't do anything with me but Aftermath made me love the group's sound.


Official Music Created for Tutankhamun: The Golden King and the Great Pharaohs


Today I went to see the King Tutankhamun exhibit at the Science Museum of Minnesota today. I absolutely enjoyed the exhibit. I loved seeing the ancient Egyptian artwork. The music that played in the background was wonderful. According to the liner notes, the composer simply imagined what music would have sounded like back in ancient Egypt through research he had done. Very pleasant music to chill out to.

Comments

Popular Posts