Loudness with As/Of and Mommy Sez

Another Kilted Farmer Koncerts production has come and gone. Last night the Japanese heavy metal band Loudness performed in the Twin Cities (i.e Ground Zero nightclub) for the first time in 25 years. I don't know what happened to Warmachine or Dirty Passion that was listed on the flyer but I suppose shit happens. I spent all the night in the back selling merchandise for the band. It was a quick and easy way to make money so pardon the subpar photos that I took at the show last night.



The first band that went on stage that night was the local industrial band AS/OF. I really dug their music. I bought their cd while at the show (which is very good). Judging by the audience, I thought they enjoyed the band but there was one person who left me the impression that he hated industrial bands and felt that they had no place in a metal show (judging by the tone of his voice). I was tempted to say something snide but I thought better of it. The band finished off with a cover of Pet Shop Boys' "Opportunities" which I really liked a lot. I hope to catch the band live again in the near future. I hope Trace will put them on the bill for future shows.

The second band was a band called Mommy Sez. The only good thing I will say about the band is that all money from sales at their merchandise table went to the tsunami relief fund. That is the only positive thing I can say about that band and I will leave it at that too.
Finally Loudness went on. I have heard of Loudness eons ago when I was a teenager reading crappy magazines like Metal Edge and Circus. LOL! At the time I liked another Japanese metal band called EZO. Thankfully I discovered punk music and ditched the cheesy heavy metal. LOL! While the band's brand of metal isn't my cup of tea, I can honestly say it wasn't bad at all. I was impressed by the musicianship. I almost could hear some prog-rock influence in the music. The audience certainly enjoyed themselves. Earlier on the night, I was offered a free pair of earplugs. Thank heavens for them. The music was quite loud. Overall it was an enjoyable night. It was interesting mingling with people who I usually don't see at concerts. Now on to Front Line Assembly! Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts