New discovery

Yesterday morning, one of my FB friends posted a video clip by this band called Lily of the Valley. I was immediately hooked.

Now here is the song that I heard yesterday.

Personally I think you would have to be insane to not like this group.

This is not the song that my friend posted but I found this track several minutes ago. The band is signed to Halotan Records. Now I have never heard of Halotan Records, let alone Lily of the Valley but I am really digging what I am hearing. The music is a mix of goth and electro. I am often reminded of Diva Destruction (who seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth).

As I am looking on Halotan's website, I find myself impressed with the artists/bands that are signed to the label and what the label has to offer. In a recent blog entry (as well as on FB), I have expressed my burn out with Metropolis Records. I feel like they aren't really interested in signing artists because of the love of music but rather for profit (just my $0.02). Judging by some of the recent signings to their label over the years, I guess the folks at Metropolis aren't interested in quality. Not to say that there hasn't been any good music from them. I admit, I bought the new God Module, Bella Morte, and TBM cds but were they the best? By  far no. My top 10 favorite albums of 2011 so far? Hint...the bands are not on Metropolis records.  Anyhoo...finding Halotan Records is a dream come true. I need to find a new outlet for music that most people haven't heard of, and Halotan Records appears to be that label. It's been a long time since I have unearthed a new find and am all excited about my discovery.

Comments

Popular Posts