My current favorite bands

01. Lily of the Valley
Lily of the Valley is a recent discovery. I found them from one of my FB friends. Just got their album today. I personally love what I have heard.


02. Javelynn
If you haven't heard of Javelynn, you should now.

Their debut album Chimaera at Heart was finally released last week. I have been playing it constantly. The music is irresistably fun and catchy.

03. Parralox

As of right now, I am so done with Lady Gaga and Natalia Kills. Parralox has shown me that pop music doesn't have to be dumbed down to the masses with over the top beats and atrocious lyrics that Lady G and Natalia Kills churns out. They almost remind me of Goldfrapp between their Black Cherry and Supernature albums with a dash of Kylie Minogue but with a less shrilly voice.

04. Hungry Lucy

Hungry Lucy is one of those bands where I know who they are but never had any of their music...until now. I suppose better late than never. I am really digging their latest album Pulse of the Earth.

05. Omega Lithium

One of the songs by Omega Lithium appeared in the recommended section of youtube over the weekend. Long story short, I am hooked. Lately I have been listening to some metal (like Arch Enemy and Guano Apes) so Omega Lithium is right up my alley.

06. Kirlian Camera

Kirlian Camera is easily my favorite band right now. I have only been listening to their music for about two years but it wasn't until I heard their song "Nightglory' earlier this year that really made me love the band with the stunning melodies and majestic lyrics. Their cover of Ultravox's "Hymn" really left me breathless. I was so pleased when the band included it on their new album Nightglory (which by the way is fantastic).

07. Haberdashery

Haberdashery is Stephen Pearlman, a solo artist from Chicago. I saw the aforementioned clip on A Different Drum's website and fell in love with the lush, pop melodies. As a huge fan of Erasure, Haberdashery definitely sounds quite a bit of my favorite synthpop group from the '80s. Definitely makes up for the dud of an album that Erasure recently put out last month.

08. Necro Facility

I came across the latest Necro Facility album Wintermute last month at the Electric Fetus and I decided to get it on a whim (as opposed to the latest System Syn). So glad I did.

Comments

Popular Posts