Albums I am currently listening to

The Frozen Autumn: Chirality

This was one of my most highly anticipated albums of 2012. I have been a fan of The Frozen Autumn for the last few years but getting hold of their music was awfully pricey. I was really pleased when I saw that Metropolis Records had signed the band to their label. After a lengthy wait, the band's album was finally released last week. I have been enjoying it immensely. I am reminded quite a bit of Clan of Xymox.

Jonsi: Go

Last week I found the solo album Go by Sigur Ros' frontman Jonsi. Needless to say, I decided to check it out. I am glad. Go is a beautiful album in the vein of Sigur Ros minus the quirky lyrics. I found myself enjoying Jonsi' solo album moreso than his work with Sigur Ros which I have to admit not a huge fan of except for the first album.

The Civil Wars: Barton Hollow

I first heard of The Civil Wars not long ago on the latest volume of Cities 97 Sampler (a compilation from a local radio station featuring live performance tracks). The song was "Poison & Wine". I was immediately hooked. I finally got around to buying the duo's album over the weekend. I absolutely love. While I normally don't go for indie folk/country music, I totally dug The Civil Wars. The music is hauntingly beautiful with the delicate acoustic melodies and the male/female vocals.The 40 minutes quickly goes by for me.

Florence + the Machines: Cermonials

This past weekend I finally broke down and picked up a Florence and the Machine album, namely Ceremonials. I have been meaning to check out her music other than on youtube. I have been enjoying Ceremonials quite a bit. Florence definitely has a distinctive voice in today's pop music. Very powerful to say the very least. I also was fortunate to be able to buy a ticket to her upcoming show in April which is sold out.

Comments

Popular Posts