Albums that I am currently listening to

DarkDriveClinic: Noise in My Head

This is my current favorite cd right now. Became an instant fan when I first saw their video for Silhouettes late last year. I finally got around to buying their album Noise in My Head last week when I was at the Electric Fetus. I was fortunate to find a copy of their album and needless to say I left the store with it. The album is really good. Their music reminds me of Come Clean and Gift by the Brit-rock band Curve with their fusion of techno and rock. Good stuff. Definitely worth recommending for fans of Curve, Garbage, and Kidneythieves.

Die Sektor: Applie Structure in a Void

This was the other cd I bought at the Fetus last year. I found it in the metal section (which by the way the band is anything BUT metal...duh!). I like what I have heard but to be brutally honest, it isn't the best album I have heard nor are Die Sektor the best aggrotech band out there in the dark electro scene. This is one of those albums that took me several listens to grow on me.

All About Eve: Fairy Light Nights Two

Fairy Light Nights Two is one of those albums that I always see whenever I would go browse the cd bins at Cheapo Records in uptown. Well I finally decided to buy a copy. Apparently this is the second volume of a 2 CD live acoustic album by the band. I didn't see any copies of the first but I will probably buy one online. I really like what I had heard on Fairy Light Nights Two. I not really familiar with the sounds of All About Eve so I'm not going to try to pretend that I do. I will say that I loved what I had heard on the cd. Just love Julianne Regan's delicate vocals set to acoustic guitars. I found the music very mellow and soothing to listen to. Good music to chill out to with a cup of hot tea.

Blue Stone: Messages

I have to admit I found Blue Stone's latest album Pandora's Box disappointing because the songs had no vocals on it. Today I had stopped into Cheapo Records and picked up a copy of Messages (because a friend recommended that album to me last year). Now this was what I have been craving from Blue Stone...good, ethereal vocals set to lush, ambient, pop melodies similar to the sounds of Conjure One, Delerium, Balligomingo, and Sleepthief.

iVardensphere: APOK

I had gotten this cd just the day before I went out of town for Christmas. I really like this album a lot more than Bloodwater. I love the frequent presence of vocals. The only drawback was the remixes. I thought they were not really necessary to include on the album but that is just my personal opinion.

I was hoping to have received my copy of the soundtrack to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo that I had won off ebay prior to the New Year but I should be getting it this coming week. I definitely plan on posting my thoughts on it here. I also am waiting for my copy of Nachtbringer & Tranenherz Live by Blutengel. Not sure when I will get it. The folks in Switzerland (groove_inc) I order my imports from through Amazon didn't have a copy so I tried another company but they are in Germany because I didn't want to wait for a backorder. I hope I don't have to wait too long for it too.

Comments

Popular Posts