Albums I am currently listening to

Lacuna Coil: Dark Adrenaline


I'll be honest I am not a diehard fan of Lacuna Coil. They have some good songs however their music tends to sound alike to me. Their last two albums have been rather dull for me. I wasn't going to get it until I saw that my library had it so I requested it online. Just listened to the album tonight. Much to my surprise, I actually enjoyed the album. The music is more melodic than the band's previous efforts. I enjoyed their cover of REM's "Losing My Religion". I thought it was an interesting take. I definitely plan on buying my own copy of Dark Adrenaline.

Cecile Corbel: The Secret World of Arrietty

I saw the latest film from Studio Ghibli a few weeks ago and fell in love with the music. I was lucky to find a copy of the soundtrack on ebay. Cecile Corbel is created the music on the soundtrack as well as performed all the music. The music has an innocent and whimsical feel which compliments the film itself. The Secret World of Arrietty is a delightful soundtrack well worth every single penny I shelled out for it.

The Frozen Autumn: Fragments of Memories

After getting hooked on The Frozen Autumn with their latest album Chirality, I decided to start checking out their other albums. Fragments of Memories is my latest Frozen Autumn purchase. The album is quite good, maybe not as good as Chirality. The melodies didn't stand out as much as on Chirality. I'm glad I bought it though. I still plan on trying to get their earlier albums. I really dig The Frozen Autumn's sound.

[:SITD:]: Icon: Koru

I really wasn't sure if I was going to get the new SITD album Icon:Koru, but after hearing a few tracks online, I knew I had to get it. I am glad I bought it. I think Icon:Koru is a stronger album than their previous album Rot.

Lisa Gerrard & Patrick Cassidy: Immortal Memory

This is my favorite Lisa Gerrard album. I first heard it 2-3 years ago when I borrowed a copy from my library. I finally got around to buying my own copy. The music reminds me of her work on the Gladiator soundtrack with Hans Zimmer. Lest I forget, Patrick Cassidy has a gorgeous voice and compliments Lisa's very nicely. His vocals never overwhelms this listener's ears or Lisa's vocals.

Eurythmics: The Ultimate Collection

Lately I have been craving to hear some Eurythmics so I picked up this compilation on my last trip to the record store. For some the title might be misleading and probably could have included some more of the group's music and maybe even some of Annie's solo work, but for this listener I am happy with what I got. Now I can jam to my favorite Eurythmics' songs at home and at work.

Comments

Popular Posts