I:Scintilla with Cwn Annwn and Thought Thieves

I:Scintilla with Cwn Annwn and Thought Thieves
After a four year wait, I finally got to see I:Scintilla live again. First time I saw them was at The Varsity Theater with Ayria and The Cruxshadows. I was not disappointed. Local bands Cwn Annwn and Thought Thieves opened up the show. Cwn Annwn is an excellent metal band whose music reminded me of Iron Maiden but with a female lead singer. Julie Schultz has a great set of pipes, reminding me of Geddy Lee of Rush. The musicianship of the band is solid and tight, a bit of thrash and prog if you ask me. Thought Thieves followed next with a shit load of fog. I have never seen so much fog in my life but it certainly gave their set a bit of atmosphere. Too bad I could barely see them as you can see in the photos. Musically, the band is fantastic. I really love the direction the band has taken (more synth). They performed a few new songs which I enjoyed immensely. For a band I initially wasn't sure of, Thought Thieves have certainly established themselves as one of my top favorite local bands. Finally, I:Scintilla finished the evening with their brand of electronica and rock music. They were missing a couple of band members according to Brittany who was just getting over being sick but I wouldn't have known that had she not told me. The band played a mixture of songs from Optics and Dying and Falling. I was not disappointed with their song selection. Afterwards, I picked up the boxed set of Dying and Falling as well as Cwn Annwn's The Alpha and Omega. I also chatted briefly with Brittany who was very gracious and sweet. To sum up the whole evening, I had a blast.

Comments

Popular Posts