100 Greatest Songs Ever

Well it took me nearly a month to compose my latest list but I have to admit I procrastinated here and there. I finally got off my ass and finished this latest list. I admit it was a pain in the ass but for the most part it was a labor of love. I started off just going by singles but lets face it...singles aren't always as good as the other album tracks. This is what really held me up. I decided "fuck this shit" and decided to include non-single tracks. I also included a few covers because they were just too good to be left off the list. Enough with my ramblings. Enjoy!

100. Looking for the KLF - Pop Incorporated
99. Sanvean - Dead Can Dance
98. I Come and Stand at Your Door - This Mortal Coil
97. God Thinks - Voltaire
96. Stay - Shakespeare's Sister
95. I Sit On Acid - Lords of Acid
94. Human - Goldfrapp
93. Fuckin' Perfect - Pink
92. Sugar Hiccups - The Cocteau Twins
91. Wild Horses - The Sundays
90. Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson (this is the only song I like by MM)
89. Cruel Summer - Bananarama
88. Because the Night - Patti Smith
87. Around the world - Daft Punk
86. Barracuda - Heart
85. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
84. Get Your Body Beat - Combichrist
83. Not Pretty Enough - Kasey Chambers
82. Standing - Cinderella Effect
81. Beloved - VNV Nation
80. Gepetto - Belly
79. Over the Hills and Far Away - Nightwish
78. Time Killer - Project Pitchfork
77. Little Black Angels - Death in June
75. Breedless - Ego Likeness
74. No More Words - Berlin
73. The Passenger - Iggy Pop
72. Hymn to Her - The Pretenders
71. Everglade - L7
70. Dreams - The Cranberries
69. Frozen - Curve
68. Cars - Gary Numan
67. Vox - Sarah McLachlan
66. Open Up - Leftfield
65. Juke Joint Jezebel - KMFDM
64. Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis
63. 2:1 - Elastica
62. Setting Sun - The Chemical Brothers
61. Bio Vital - The Frozen Autumn
60. No One is to Blame - Howard Jones
59. Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
58. Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols
57. Cherry Bomb - The Runaways
56. I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
55. London Calling - The Clash
54. Sour Times - Portishead
53. Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen
52. Voices Carry - 'Til Tuesday
51. Every Breath You Take - The Police
50. Where the Wild Roses Grow - Nick Cave and The Bad Cave with Kylie Minogue
49. Joey - Concrete Blonde
48. Psalm 69 - Ministry
47. The Scientist - Coldplay
46. Happy When It Rains - The Jesus and Mary Chain
45. The Promise - When in Rome
44. Major Tom - Peter Schilling
43. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
42. Singing Dead Men - Blutengel
41. Running Up the Hill - Kate Bush
40. Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
39. My Revenge On the World - Ayria
38. God is a DJ - Faithless
37. Protection - Massive Attack
36. Mercy Street - Peter Gabriel
35. Under Pressure - Queen and David Bowie
34. Dented Halos - Cylab
33. Four Seasons (spring) - Vivaldi
32. Neverending Story - Limahl
31. Dante's Prayer - Loreena McKennitt
30. Sleep - Conjure One
29. Living in Oblivion - Anything Box
28. Space Age Love Song - A Flock of Seagulls
27. Ode to Joy - Beethoven
26. Opportunities (Lets Make Lots of Money) - The Pet Shop Boys
25. Smaller - Ashbury Heights
24. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
23. Don't You Want Me - Human League
22. Hymn - Ultravox
21. Jasmine and Rose - Clan of Xymox
20. Fukken Uber Death Party - Hanzel und Gretyl
19. A Little Respect - Erasure
18. 99 Luftballoons - Nena
17. Lucretia, My Reflection - The Sisters of Mercy
16. Dreaming - OMD
15. Destroy Everything You Touch - Ladytron
14. Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage
13. If She Knew What She Wants - The Bangles
12. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
11. Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode
10. Sick Fuck - Unter Null
09. Blue Monday - New Order
08. Canon in D Minor - Pachelbel
07. Ladykiller - Lush
06. Cities in Dust - Siouxsie and The Banshees
05. Intentions - Sensuous Enemy
04. Pictures of You - The Cure
03. Blue Room - Kirlian Camera
02. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These) - The Eurythmics
01. A Poem for Byzantium - Delerium

I chose "A Poem for Byzantium" by Delerium as my personal pick for greatest song ever because of the haunting lyrics and melodies. Plus it is one of those songs that I can play over and over again and never get sick of. After over a decade, the song still sounds fresh and new to me.

Comments

Popular Posts