My current favorite bands

Sapphire Solace

I first discovered Sapphire Solace 2-3 years ago on Myspace. I downloaded their self-titled EP and immediately loved their sound. Last week I found out that they had released an actual cd called Shadow Stories. Of course I ordered it. I got my copy today and love every damn song on the album.

Claps

I have been really enjoying their album Wreck that I bought last weekend. They really do give me hope for the local music scene by showing that the scene isn't strictly indie rock and that good electro music comes out of the Twin Cities.

IS/IS

IS/IS is such a breath of fresh air for me. Their music is both melodic and heavy or Mazzy Star meets The Jesus and Mary Chain and My Bloody Valentine.

Mari Chrome

Oh how I love the song "Toxic". It is definitely my favorite song right now. So incredibly catchy. Judging by the songs I have heard on the group's Myspace page and Soundcloud page, I have no doubt their album will be amazing. They have so much talent that it is nauseating. Just kidding. LOL.

Cinderella Effect

Lately I have been listening to a lot of Cinderella Effect's music, namely the second Cinderella Effect album Cinderellicious. I am particularly a big fan of their cover of VNV Nation's "Standing". Beautiful cover. You can find the song on their first CE album Pearls.

Comments

Popular Posts