My top 5 favorite synthpop albums of 2012

Today at work I was listening to a bunch of synthpop albums that I bought this year (and were released this year too) and it inspired me to write about them. This is not a final list. I am sure I will find some more synthpop albums to buy ;).

Chrom: Synthetic Movement

I always seems to come back to Synthetic Movement with all the new music I acquire. Synthetic Movement is easily one of my favorite albums of 2012. I just love this album especially Christian Marquis' deep, warm vocals.


Moonlight Cove: Hearts of the World

Hearts of the World is another synthpop album I have yet to get sick and tired of listening to. The music is absolutely beautiful.


Future Perfect: Escape

Escape and Future Perfect in general is one of my top 5 favorite discoveries of 2012. I just love the male/female dynamics between Simon Owen and Rebecca Morgan. I also think they are grossly overlooked in the synthpop scene here in the US. At least to me they are.


Mari Chrome: Georgy #11811

Like I haven't gushed about this band before but I will again. I just love Mari Chrome and their sound. This was one of my most anticipated 2012 releases of this year. Their music is so damn catchy and thanks to singer Marion Kuchenmeister, I quickly learned of her other band Invisible Limits.


Twitch the Ripper: Colorblind

I recently acquired Colorblind at my local record store. I really wasn't planning on getting it but when I saw it in the cd racks, I decided to get it instead of the new De/Vision album. I am glad I did. Colorblind reminds me so much of Depeche Mode when they were still putting out good music. The album definitely made me a huge fan.

Comments

Popular Posts