Albums I am currently listening to

Shiny Toy Guns: III

I didn't realize until this morning that the new Shiny Toy Guns was already out. So while I was out running errands, I picked up III. I was so not disappointed. III is a great album.I am so glad that Carah Faye is back in the band. I wasn't all that impressed with the previous singer. Love the song "Waiting Alone" to pieces. Classic STG.


Ellie Goulding: Halcyon

A couple of weeks ago I saw the video for "Anything Could Happen" by Ellie on VH1 and immediately was hooked on the song. Of course I ended up buying her new cd Halcyon. I am so glad that I did. It is a really good electro-pop album.


For All the Emptiness: Axioms

This was one of 2 cds that I bought the other night at the Theory of Revolution show. Axioms is an awesome album of catchy synthpop. I have been listening to it a lot.


Deviant UK: Very Bad Things

Very Bad Things was the other album that I bought on Wednesday night. I love it but the album pales in comparison to seeing them live. If you can, go check them out. Jay is quite a character when performing.


Myths: Myths

So on Monday night, I went to see Grimes at The Varsity Theater. One of the 2 opening acts was this unique duo called Myths. I was totally blown away by their music. It is really hard to describe their music. It is very electronic based for sure with elements of hip hop to it. Very experimental and an acquired taste. I ended up buying their self-titled album at the show. It is very good and worth listening to.

Comments

Popular Posts