Delerium - Music Box Opera

Delerium - Music Box Opera

After a long wait, Delerium finally released their follow up to Nuanges Du Monde with Music Box Opera earlier this fall. I wasn't really all impressed with Nuanges Du Monde. It wasn't bad but it wasn't memorable at all, save a couple of tracks. Still has a long time fan of Delerium, I still look forward to hearing new material from the electronica group. Thankfully, I was not disappointed in Music Box Opera.

The first single "Monarch" featuring singer Nadina really sounded like it could have been perfect for either Semantic Spaces or Karma

Love the Middle Eastern flavor to this track.

My personal favorite track on the entire album is "Chrysalis Heart" which features singer Stef Lang.

This track sounded like it could have been on a Balligomingo or Sleepthief album. In fact Music Box Opera reminded me quite a bit of Balligomingo and Sleepthief's music. Very poppy and yet seductive and blissful. I know some long time fans for Delerium have expressed displeasure with the new album but I personally love it. The impression those fans gives me is that they want clones of Karma and Semantic Spaces. One has to wonder if they even heard of Delerium's music back when they were on Cleopatra Records making darkwave/ambient music. I love listening to this album after a hard day at the office. It's very relaxing.

Comments

Popular Posts