Future Perfect - Escape

Future Perfect: Escape

One of my personal favorite finds of 2012 is certainly the UK duo of Simon Owen and Rebecca Morgan aka Future Perfect. Came across the video for "Paradise" on one of the EBM pages I have liked on Facebook. I was hooked right from the word go. Unfortunately finding a CD copy of their album was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I fortunately found a German website that carried their new album (prior to A Different Drum Records). I bought it and I can honestly say it was well worth every penny. Escape is a 50 minute opus of infectious electro-pop.

One of my personal favorite songs on the album is the title track "Escape".


I know that one of my favorite websites (that shall remain nameless) wasn't crazy about this album. I  think they were looking way too much into the duo's name (and probably expecting music sounding like VNV Nation who came out with an album called "Futureperfect" a few years ago). Just my $0.02. For me, Escape is perfect and definitely one of my favorite albums that was released this year.

Comments

Popular Posts