Mari Chrome - Georgy #11811

Mari Chrome - Georgy #11811

I think it was early 2012 when I got a copy of the latest Alfa Matrix compilation. On the so-so compilation was this delightful song called "Toxic" by this new band called Mari Chrome. The group features Marion Kuchenmeister (vocalist for the '80s new wave band Invisible Limits) and Kai Otte (composer). Of all the uninteresting songs on the compilation, "Toxic" stood out like a sore thumb with me but in a very positive way.

The song was (and still is) so damn catchy. Thanks to Mari Chrome, I had to investigate Marion's other band Invisible Limits whose music I quickly became a big fan of after listening to several tracks online. Thank you youtube.

I'll let the rest of my review of Georgy #11811 speak for itself. This is definitely one of the best albums of 2012, especially in the synthpop genre. I really can't wait to hear more from this upcoming band.

Comments

Popular Posts