The Frozen Autumn - Chirality

The Frozen Autumn: Chirality

One of the first 2012 releases that I bought was Chirality by the Italian darkwave band The Frozen Autumn. I have been a fan of their music for a couple of years, listening to their stuff via youtube.

When I heard that they signed to Metropolis Records last year, I was like "Finally! Now I can have access to their music without paying dearly for it". LOL! Chirality truly made me a huge fan of the band who has been around for two decades believe it or not. The music as a whole reminded me quite a bit of Clan of Xymox and the lead singer Diego's vocals bears a resemblence to Ronny Moorings. Love the production on the album. It has a nice moody, atmospheric quality. Oh and I adore the vocals from main frontman Diego Merletto as well as from Froxeanne. I hate admitting this but Diego's crooning simply makes me swoon. What struck me is that both Diego and Froxeanne don't sing together but rather on their own separate songs. I like that. I don't see that a lot in music nowadays.

I can sit and listen to Chirality from "Before the Storm" to "The Last Train" without skipping a single track. I think the only crack in the armour that I see with Chirality is repetition. I have to admit that there really isn't much diversity in the music but I can overlook that minor flaw. With all the albums I have bought this year, I always find time to dig out Chirality and slip it into my boombox.  I strongly recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

Comments

Popular Posts