Albums I am currently listening to

Juno Reactor: The Golden Sun of the Great East

I just received my copy of the new Juno Reactor CD in the mail today. I know the word "phenomenal" is overused (as is "amazing"), but I think I can make make an exception with those words to describe The Golden Sun of the Great East. I love the heart-ponding rhythms mixed with the world and modern dance influences. I knew this album was going to be special when I first heard "Final Frontier". That song just kicks massive ass. I definitely recommend checking out the new Juno Reactor album.

Sarah Brightman: Dreamchaser

While I don't think Dreamchaser is Sarah's best album to date, I am enjoying her new album immensely. I don't think there will ever be another Eden or La Luna but that's okay. I still think it is a lovely album.

Io Echo: Ministry of Love

I finally bought a copy of the new Io Echo album over the weekend. I absolutely love it. I already heard some of the songs on youtube so I had an inkling their debut album would be a must have for my music collection.

Til Tuesday: Everything's Different Now

If there is one album I think has gotten a raw deal in the music industry it is Til Tuesday's last albbum Everything's Different Now. The album is so incredibly catchy yet heartbreaking. Aimee Mann's songwriting skills really takes shape on this album and I think you get a glimpse of what to come from her as a solo artist in her heartfelt lyrics.

Hooverphonic: The Magnificent Tree

I have almost forgotten just how good The Magnificent Tree is. This was one of many CDs I have bought over the weekend. This was the first Hooverphonic album I ever bought. Their music isn't trip hop which I believe a label the band hated. If anything their music would be perfect for as a soundtrack for a film noir especially The Magnificent Tree which just has that sensuous, seductive and mysterious quality ideal for a film noir.

Kirlian Camera: Nightglory

I have been on a Kirlian Camera kick lately for the past couple of days since hearing about their upcoming album Black Summer Choirs set to be released next month. Nightglory is my personal favorite KC album (that I have heard so far).

Comments

Popular Posts