Albums that I could never part with '13

Tonight I was perusing a few of my old blog entries, I decided to update my 2011 blog entry Albums That I Could Never Sell. Apparently I ended up selling one of my albums listed in the blog entry.

VNV Nation: Burning Empires

Last year, I came across a used copy of Burning Empires at Cheapo Records in uptown. I could not believe my very eyes. This is a super rare and out of print EP by VNV Nation that features some really tuneage. You can find copies on Ebay and Amazon but for over $60. I found my copy for $8 I shit you not. It also includes the single for "Standing" which has some killer remixes. What makes this EP so amazing is the vocal version of "Saviour". Simply amazing.


Hanzel und Gretyl: Transmissions From Uranus

Earlier this year, I found a used copy of Transmissions From Uranus by HuG at Cheapo Records in the used cd bins like I did with Burning Empires. Out of print but not as pricey as Burning Empires. Still to have an actual copy was a definite must have for me. While TFU is not my favorite HuG album, I don't think it is terrible either.


Curve: Way of Curve

In the past year or two, I have really gotten back into the '90s alternative band Curve. Last year I finally got around to getting their compilation Way of Curve. It wasn't cheap (even as a used copy) but I really wanted a copy especially for their killer cover of "I Feel Love" by Donna Summer. Definitely well worth every single damn penny.


Moonlight Cove: Orphans of the Storm

Moonlight Cove has quickly become one of my personal favorite synthpop bands. I was immediately hooked on their music when I heard Hearts of the World, their second album. It took me awhile but eventually I found their first album Orphans of the Storm (because I did not want to just download the album but wanted an actual copy of it). The search was so well worth it. Love their first album as much as their second album.


Kirlian Camera: Odyssey Europa

Kirlian Camera is one of those bands that I definitely can't sell any of their music. Since they are more well known in overseas, I have to pay a good amount of money for their music but that is okay. I adore their music. Odyssey Europa is a great compilation of the band's music from the past two decades. I am particularly a big fan of their current work with Eleni Alice Fossi but their older material is equally wonderful IMHO.


Conjure One: Conjure One

I made the mistake a few years ago of selling Conjure One's first album. That is and always will be my favorite C1 album. The albums following their first album has been only so-so. I have learned my lesson about getting rid of the album. It is staying in my CD collection permanently.


Marsheaux: Lumineux Noir

Marsheaux is a terrific synthpop duo from Greece that I have recently became a fan in the past two years. People in the US needs to check their music.

Comments

Popular Posts