Albums I am currently listening to

Mediaeval Baebes: Undrentide

I recently won a copy of Undrentide off ebay last weekend. I had been missing out on listening to their music, especially that album (which was my very first album by them back in the early 2000's when it first came out). If you have never heard of Mediaeval Baebes, they are an english vocal ensemble who is heavily influenced by the medieval period hence the lyrics and use of classical instruments. The results is heavenly. Anyways, I am so glad that I have a copy of Undrentide in my possession again. The music is wonderful and it just transports me to another world when I listen to it.


Mediaeval Baebes website

Suicide Commando: When Evil Speaks

On my day off from work today, I decided to make a trip down to the Electric Fetus in hopes to find the new Snog and/or Suicide Commando albums. Well I wasn't able to find the new Snog album but I did find the new Suicide Commando album When Evil Speaks. I didn't hesitate for a second and automatically grabbed the album. The version I bought included a bonus disc filled with remixes. As much as I wanted the new Snog album, I am really happy that I bought When Evil Speaks. I was completely blown away by When Evil Speaks. The music was heavy and aggressive as I expected. The remixes really impressed me the most. I loved the bonus remix disc and I don't say that about bonus remix discs very often. Each of the artists really took the time and care to ensure that they didn't ruin the integrity of the song. I definitely think When Evil Speaks will go down as one of my favorite albums of 2013 and certainly as one of the best industrial albums of this year too. Check it out!

Suicide Commando website

The Break Up: The Break Up
While at the Project Pitchfork show last night, I picked up a free copy of The Break Up's demo cd for free. As a big fan of their 2011 release Synthesis,I had to grab their demo along with some other merchandise. If you have heard Synthesis, you would recognize a few of the tracks on their demo CD. They were just remastered for Synthesis. The demo is just as good as Synthesis in my opinion.

The Break Up website

Loreena McKennitt: The Visit

The Visit is the other CD I bought today while at the Electric Fetus. I found a copy for only $0.99. One of the very first Loreena McKennitt songs I have ever heard was "All Souls Night". I believe I had heard it on Cities 97 as a teenager. I had never heard anyone sing like that at the time. Her voice was so beautiful and remains so to me to this very day. I once had a copy of this album but eventually sold it for cash. Now I have a copy of it again and I am happy about it :).

Loreena Mckennitt website

Comments

Popular Posts