TC Underground Mix: The '90s

For this week's mixtape, I made a mix of my favorite songs from the 1990s. Some of the music is from my own collection and a lot came from my local library. I went over there last weekend and struck gold with a slew of albums from the '90s. Unfortunately I couldn't use all of the CDs. In the end, I am happy with the results. Yeah, there was a lot of crap from the '90s (i.e "Macarena" and europop...blech!) but there was a lot of awesome music to have come out of that decade. I decided on this mix to include my favorite non-singles as well as singles.

Side A
01. Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
02. The Breeders - Drivin' On 9
03. Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind (solo mix)
04. Belly - Dusted
05. Radiohead - Creep
06. Lush - 500
07. Slowdive - Spanish Air
08. Curve - Frozen
09. Shakespeare's Sister - Stay
10. Anything Box - The Teardrop Collector

Side B
01. The Jesus and Mary Chain - Sometimes Always
02. Concrete Blonde - Joey
03. Garbage - Special
04. Leftfield - Open Up
05. Delerium - Euphoria (Firefly)
06. Republica - Drop Dead Gorgeous
07. Faithless - God is a DJ
08. Dido -Here With Me
09. Moby - Porcelain

I wish I could have included songs by Social D, L7, and Babes in Toyland but maybe in the near future. Here is one of my favorite songs from my mix.

This song is so damn catchy. I had a roommate in college who had the album on CD and would often play it. This was my favorite track on the album.

Another fave is 500 by Lush.

Still haven't really gotten over the band's demise after the band's drummer committed suicide and that was over a decade ago. Just love the jingly poppy sounds of the song. So infectious. Truly one of my personal favorite songs of all time.

Of course I just have to mention one of my favorite bands from the decade...Belly!

Star was and still is a great album from the decade. "Dusted" is one of my favorite songs off the album. The band really rocks hard on that tune.

For all the crap there was in the '90s, there was a plethora of awesome music. You just had to look for it hard enough. The same can be said about every decade.

Comments

Popular Posts