Some food for thought: Blurred Lines

With all the hoo-ha made over Miley Cyrus' controversial performance at last week's MTV VMA show, it made me wonder why Robin Thicke wasn't receiving the same amount of heat from the public and media as Miley was, especially for the lyrics to "Blurred Lines".  Apparently the author of this article on Robin Thicke totally missed the boat. In fact I don't think she paid much attention to the lyrics of the song itself. The entire song just comes off creep and leacherous. Sorry but I do not find "Blurred Lines" sexy or cute:

"Okay, now he was close. Tried to domesticate you but you're an animal. Baby, it's in your nature. Just let me liberate you. You don't need no paper".

That's just the tip of the iceberg. What I really dislike about the song is when Robin starts singing "I know you want it" repeatedly. What does that really say? I get the message that despite saying "no", women really means "yes" when it comes to sex.  Of course referring a woman as a bitch in the song really doesn't score points with me.

"You the hottest bitch in this place. I feel so lucky, you wanna hug me. What rhymes with hug me".

The song just keeps going downhill from there with T.I lines. I just want to vomit all over my laptop. As I read the lyrics to the song over and over, I find myself needing a serious shower. The leacherous lyrics really makes me feel dirty and gross inside and out.

I think it is really telling about how desperate Robin Thicke is to make it big in music is when he is reduced to singing a song that gives a bad message about women and implies that when a woman says "no" she really means "yes". Wow. What a great message to send to your son Robin. What is more depressing in my eyes is the idiots who aren't paying attention to the lyrics or not seeing the message that I see because they are too busy castigating Miley Cyrus. Sometimes I really wish I did not live on this planet with all the idiots who live and breath on it.

Comments

Popular Posts