Best of 2013: Phenomena by Solitary Experiments

Phenomena by Solitary Experiments


Phenomena is easily my favorite futurepop album of 2013. And to be honest, the new Solitary Experiments album really outshone VNV Nation's Transnational. The music on Phenomena simply stood out more for me than with the new VNV Nation album. I thought the melodies, beats, and overall production were ten times better than what I heard on Transnational. Phenomena gets off on a strong note with the instrumental "Tilting at Windmills". The party really gets started with the thunderous beats of "No Salvation" and the energy of the album does not let up until the very end. All of the songs on Phenomena have solid pop hooks, there are a few that really stood out with me such as "No Salvation", "Trial and Error", "Epiphany", and "Stars". There were a couple of tracks on the album I am not too particularly fond of but overall still worthy of being considered one of the best releases of 2013.

Comments

Popular Posts