Best of 2013: When Evil Speaks by Suicide Commanod

Suicide Commando: When Evil Speaks

2012 wasn't such a hot year for industrial music for me. There were only three albums that I liked. Thankfully 2013 made up for that with the new albums by Front Line Assembly, Ayria, Helalyn Flowers, Amduscia, and Suicide Commando. I am particularly fond of the new Suicide Commando album When Evil Speaks. I just enjoy the distorted, gutteral vocals from Johan Van Roy as well as the nihilistic and visceral lyrics. My favorite track is the title track.

I can feel the aggression in the music. The thunderous beats makes me want to headbang whenever I listen to the song at work. The Sin DNA remix is even better. I like the general overall sound of this remix slightly more so over the original version.

But either way, LOVE the title track. Another favorite track off the album is "Repent or Perish". It seems like he took a more minimalist approach on this track.

While the pace of this album is a bit slower than on previous albums, the music is still as aggressive as ever. Of all the (just a few) albums I have heard from Suicide Commando, I relate most to When Evil Speaks lyrically. It has become the soundtrack to my life or at least on days when I am in the worst of moods. When I am in a bad mood, I just throw on this album into my portable stereo and crank up the volume. Easily my favorite industrial album of 2013.

Comments

Popular Posts