10 songs I can never get sick of listening to

Today at work I was listening to my music (no big surprise here) which got me to think of 10 songs that I could listen to over and over again without getting sick and tired of it.

10. Noblesse Oblige: Runaway

This is my go to song when I get an annoying earworm stuck in my head which really doesn't take much to do (usually courtesy of the grocery store). This is the song that made me a big fan of Noblesse Oblige. Truly one of the best songs I have heard in recent years.

09. P!nk: Just Give Me a Reason

This is by far my favorite mainstream pop song in such a long time. I also think this is P!nk's strongest song lyrically and musically ever. I am not ashamed nor do I feel guilty for enjoying this catchy pop song.

08. The Cure: Pictures of You

One of the prettiest ballads ever and easily my favorite song by The Cure.

07. Erasure: A Little Respect

My favorite Erasure song of all time without a shadow of a doubt.

06. Ayria: My Revenge On the World

If I put together a soundtrack to my life (which I really should one of these days), this song is going on it. I think this was the very first Ayria song I have ever heard. I think. lol

05. Blutengel: Uber den Horizont


04. Cyndi Lauper: All Through the Night

Absolutely love this ballad by Cyndi Lauper. As fun as "Girl Just Want to Have Fun" and "She Bop" are, "All Through the Night" is truly my favorite Cyndi Lauper song of all time. I am so glad to have gone to her show last fall and was able to see her perform the song live.

03. VNV Nation: Saviour (Vox)


02. Delerium: A Poem for Bzyantium

"A Poem for Byzantium" is my personal favorite Delerium song of all time, not to mention one of my favorite songs of all time in general. I really adore ex-Solar Twins singer Joanna Stevens' polished vocals and haunting lyrics. The combination is stunning.

01. Siouxsie and The Banshees: Cities in Dust

"Cities in Dust", let alone Siouxsie and The Banshees, is such a huge influence on me. When I first heard the song on Twice Upon a Time compilation twenty years ago, I was just so taken by Siouxsie Sioux's vocals. I was practically at a loss for words.

Comments

Popular Posts