Concerts I have attended so far in 2014

I have compiled on my photobucket account pictures that I took with my smartphone and/or digital camera from concerts I have attended. I thought I would share them again on my blog in case anyone has not seen them or would like to see them again.

The first slide show features Warpaint with Cate Le Bon and Skinny Puppy with Army of the Universe. I will definitely be updating it with pics from tonight's Phantogram show tomorrow but in the meantime, it is just those two concerts.
goth_maven's Other concerts I have attended album on Photobucket


Of the two shows, the Skinny Puppy show was much more entertaining than Warpaint. To be truthful, the new Warpaint album didn't do much for me so hearing the music live didn't make the situation any better. Still I am glad to have seen the band live and hear songs from their first album.

Up next is the Dum Dum Girls with Blouse at the Triple Rock. I absolutely loved seeing the Dum Dum Girls live. They played all my favorite songs. Blouse sounded excellent live as well. Definitely will be seeing both bands live the next time they are in town.
goth_maven's Dum Dum Girls at the Triple Rock album on Photobucket


Finally is VNV Nation with Whiteqube. Whiteqube sounded really great live. Highly entertaining set. As always, I was not disappointed in VNV Nation's live set. I could have lived without seeing the couple behind me making out. WTF would anyone want to make out when they paid good money to go see a band in concert?! Ronan had to playfully call them out for it. There is a time and place for everything but making out at a concert setting like at VNV Nation is not one of them. That said, I loved how the band ended the show with having everyone flash their flashlight apps from their android phones onto the band during "Nova (Shine On)" when the chorus would hit. That really gave me the goosebumps. It was good hearing both old and new songs at the show. I did get a bit irritated at hearing some chick continually scream out for the band to sing "Further". Came close to telling her to STFU. Overall fun show.
goth_maven's VNV Nation with Whiteqube album on Photobucket


Shows I am looking forward to seeing in the coming weeks:

Uh Huh Her at the Triple Rock on 4/30

Voltaire with Ego Likeness on 5/13

De/Vision with Thought Thieves on 5/21

God Module with Die Sektor, Mordacious, and FCT on 5/27

Aesthetic Perfection with Surgyn and Panic Lift on 5/31

Comments

Popular Posts