5 artists/bands you should check out

01. My Midnight Heart

I saw this band at the Tegan and Sara concert the other night. I absolutely loved their set. Since I didn't get to stop by the merch table to see the band, I ended up downloading their EP Chest of Hearts which I have been playing non-stop. Angelica Allen shows a lot of promise with this project. When I was at the show I could have sworn I was hearing Mariah Carey when she was not hitting those high notes. While there certainly is a hint of r and b influences in Angelica's electro-pop sound, it is obvious to this listener that Angelica is more interested in creating music that is not predictable or in one particular sound. All three songs have their own distinct sounds. I am particularly fond of "Nightlight".

02. Yukari

I was perusing the dreampop section on bandcamp today at work when I came across Echo by Japanese electronica artist Yukari. Really loved what I heard on her album Echo. The music reminded me of Conjure One, Balligomingo, Delerium, and Aby Wolf.

03. BlackBird

Another find on bandcamp. Really interesting music from the one album I heard from him. Will have to check out his other music.
04. Cosmic Armchair

This is one of my most streamed albums/EPs I have been listening to online. It is so damn good.

05. Summer Twins

I also found this band on bandcamp today. They reminded me a little of the Dum Dum Girls and The Raveonettes but without the distorted guitars. Really catchy pop/rock. Very retro to say the very least.

Comments

Popular Posts