5 male artists that you should know

In my last blog I posted about 5 female artists that you should know, so for my latest blog entry it would be only fair to focus on the guys.

01. Enrico Filisetti (Blume)

Without a shadow of a doubt, Enrico Filisetti is easily my favorite male singer. He has such a deep, warm voice that just gives me the warm and fuzzies when I throw in one of Blume's albums into my stereo.

02. Anders Hagstrom (Ashbury Heights)

I can't believe it has been 7 years since Three Cheers For the Newlydead was released (AH's first album). I discovered Ashbury Heights on Myspace when Myspace was still relevant. The male/female dynamics reminded me a bit of Blutengel but more on the synthpop side and without the vampire-themed lyrics. It's really difficult for me to describe Anders' vocals, he definitely has a distinct sound compared to other singers in the synthpop genre but I like what I hear from him.

03. Damasius Venys (a href=https://www.facebook.com/Mondtraeume>Mondtraume)

With Empty being my favorite synthpop album of this so far, it is obvious that I would have to include Damasius on my list. His voice is what help makes Mondtraume's first album so freaking good. Hearing him sing always makes me feel better if I am in a bad mood.

04. Markus Landgren (Moonlight Cove)
)
Yeah, another singer from a synthpop band. I know. I love my synthpop. LOL! Moonlight Cove put out one of the best releases in 2012. They also became one of my favorite synthpop bands in recent years. Markus puts in so much emotion into his music I can hear it in the band's songs.

05. Kold Nitronoise

As far as industrial music or harsh EBM is concerned, Kold from Nitro/Noise is my favorite singer. For the most part I do prefer clean vocals but there are some singers who can really pull off the distorted vocals and make me love them (Erica Norris of Unter Null, Johan van Roy of Suicide Commando, Jasyn Banger of God Module as examples) and Kold is one of them. What makes him stand apart from the other artists I just mentioned is that his type of vocals is more commonly heard in death metal music than in the aggrotech/harsh EBM genre but it works effectively for me.

Comments

Popular Posts