Mixtape: June Edition

A few days ago I had a strange desire to put together a mixtape. It had been a long time since I made a mixtape. I thought it would be a fun project for my blog. I began to think of what songs to put on it. Most of the songs I put on it has nothing to do with the dark underground scene. I wanted my compilation to have the same sort of Garden State/Lost in Translation quality to it. To go with my mixtape, I put together a Spotify playlist so my readers can listen to the music. Unfortunately a few of the songs on my compilation could not be found but used youtube clips to fill in the void. I hope some people will enjoy what I created. I know I do and had fun putting it together. Sorry for the lack of an original name for the compilation but I figure this could be part of an ongoing monthly series.

SIDE A:
01. Chvrches: The Mother We Share
02. Phantogram: Bill Murray
03. Chelsea Wolfe: They'll Clap When You're Gone
04. Sigur Ros: Fjogur Piano
05. Grimes: Nightmusic
06. The Civil Wars: C'est La Mort
07. Dum Dum Girls: Trees and Flowers
08. The Raveonettes: The Great Love Sound
09. Claps: Across the Floor
10. Depeche Mode: But Not Tonight

SIDE B:
01. Keep Shelly in Athens: Don't Be Afraid

02. Moonlight Cove: Lost Angel
03. Exitmusic: The Modern Age
04. Moby: The Lonely Night
05. Mazzy Star: I've Gotta Stop
06. The Jesus and Mary Chain: Some Candy talking

07. Fort Wilson Riot: Still Believe in Love

08. Endless Blue: The Feeling
09. Darden Smith: Little Victories
10. Hooverphonic: The Magnificent Tree
11. Nitin Sawhney: Bring it Home (featuring Imogen Heap)

Comments

Popular Posts