5 artists you should check out

05. Double Eyelid


04. The Jezabels
The Brink
Prisoner
Dark Storm

03. Is/Is


02. Youth Code


01. GRRRL PRTY


I have to admit I am not a fan of hip hop music but GRRRL PRTY is that proof that even this old dog who is so set in her old ways can change her mind...at least with this group. I have been meaning to check them out based on my curiosity due to the hype I have been reading about this group of women but shit keeps happening that prevented me from checking out their shows. Last week I got a good feel for what to expect from the women live when I watched a youtube clip of their 42 minute set at Memory Lane's Block Party. I was thoroughly impressed and it definitely got me excited to see them at Bastille Day's Block Party. Then Sunday came and went. Seeing them live totally blew me out of the water. I have seen a lot of bands over the years and a lot of them don't have the stage presence and energy that this group has. The energy of this group was infectious. It is not hard to love these women. Their set was a lot of fucking fun, definitely the highlight of my weekend. Here are some pictures from the time I spent at Bastille Day's Block Party.
goth_maven's Bastille Day Block Party 2014 album on Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts