10 Songs From the Summer of 2014 That Were/Are Better Than Fancy

Tonight I came across this article from Huffington Post on songs that were better than "Fancy". Some of the songs I like, some I wasn't fond of but I'll say this all the songs were better than "Fancy" by a long shot. For tonight's blog, I decided to put together my 10 favorite songs from this summer that is a definite improvement over that shitfest otherwise known as "Fancy" (most annoying earworm of 2014).

01. Royskopp and Robyn: Monument


This collaboration with Royskopp and Robyn is proof that not all pop music is as shitty as Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" (or anything by Iggy Azalea). I am a big fan of Robyn because she isn't Lady Gaga or Nicki Minaj. Robyn is just Robyn. She has her own individual personality and she lets her music do most of the talking.

02. Die Antwoord: Pitbull Terrier

Easily my favorite song from Die Antwoord and the video is hilarious too.

03. Tiny Deaths: Ocean

I love this song by Tiny Deaths, very reminiscent of Aby Wolf's Wolf Lords album. Grant Cutler of Lookbook/Wolf Lords fame also worked on this new project.

04. Lizzo and Caroline Smith: Let 'Em Say

Super catchy, fun song.

05. Arch Enemy: You Will Know My Name


06. Kitten: I'll Be Your Girl

This is my late summer jam. Ever since I bought the Kitten album a couple of weekends ago, I have been listening to this song a lot (not to mention the entire album itself).

07. Weird Al: Word Crimes

I love this song. Too damn funny.

08. Lindsey Stirling and Lizzy Hale: Shatter Me


09. Belinda Carlisle: Summer Rain

I just had to include this oldie but goodie from Belinda Carlisle. I had rediscovered the joys of Belinda Carlisle' solo music over the summer. This song has been getting lots of play from me.

10. The Luna Sequence: Until the Seasons Turn

Comments

Popular Posts