Albums I am current listening to

I went to the Electric Fetus this afternoon. I picked up a few cds at the store. I bought the self-titled debut EP by Tiny Deaths, Ruin Me With Love by Jourdan Myers, and X2.0 Best of: 1994-2006 by Suicide Commando. Tiny Deaths and Jourdan Myers are two new up and coming local artists.


Jourdan's music is what I would describe as being indie pop. I discovered her music earlier this summer through City Pages and liked what I had heard. I just discovered that she had recently released a new album so I decided to buy it. I like it a lot. I need to listen to this album a few more times before I can make final judgement.


Tiny Deaths is one of my favorite local acts in the Twin Cities this year. I was so happy to find a copy of their self-titled EP at the Electric Fetus today. As a fan of Aby Wolf's Wolf Lords album and Lookbook's music, there was no doubt I would like Tiny Death's music. A lot of the credit goes to ex-Lookbook member Grant Cutler whose work reminded me a lot of the Wolf Lords album as well as his work with his former band. I definitely recommend the Tiny Death EP for fans of Wolf Lords and Lookbook or electropop in general.

Other CDs I am listening to right now:

Suicide Commando: X.20 (Best of)

Epica: The Quantum Enigma

Sleater-Kinney: The Hot Rock

Black Label Society: Catacombs of the Black Vatican

Ladytron: Gravity the Seducer

Erasure: Other People's Songs

Haim: Days Are Gone

Fleshgod Apocalypse: Labyrinth

Comments

Popular Posts