Throwback Thursday: My 10 Favorite Songs from 1974

So for tonight's Throwback Thursday, I decided to pick ten songs from 1974 when I was born.

01. Blue Suede: Hooked On A Feeling

I have to admit Guardians of the Galaxy got me to like this song. I used to not like it until I saw Guardians of the Galaxy. Catchy as hell that's for sure. I had this song stuck in my head for a long time after I first saw the film.

02. Redbone: Come and Get Your Love

Another song I have come to love from the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrac.

03. David Bowie: Rebel Rebel

Hands down this is my favorite David Bowie song.

04. Big Star: September Gurls

I love both Big Star and The Bangle's versions of "September Gurls". Such a great song.

05. Cat Stevens: Another Saturday Night

I grew up on Cat Stevens thanks to my then hippie brother. This was one of my favorite Cat Stevens songs.

06. ABBA: Waterloo

Whenever I hear this song, I think of the episode of The Simpsons when the FBI and Mr.Burns tracks down Homer's mother at Homer's house. Just as Mr.Burns is going to run the tank into the house, he puts on some music and instead of "Ride of the Valkyries", "Waterloo" comes blasting out of the stereo. lol

07. Mike Oldfield: Tubular Bells


08. Dolly Parton: Jolene

One of my personal favorite Dolly Parton songs of all time.

09. Suzi Quatro: Devil Gate Drive


10. Queen: Killer Queen

Comments

Popular Posts