Overlooked albums from 2014

Well it hasn't been a full week since the new year started, I thought I would share with my readers some albums from 2014 that I had overlooked or missed.

Chandeen: Forever and Ever

This is a beautiful electro-pop album. The album is awashed in lush melodies and the gentle vocals of Julia Beyer and Harald Lowy.

Schwarzblut: Geyben aller Verdammten

I finally got around to getting the new Schwartzblut album and I must say it is absolutely fantastic. Why it took me so long to get it is beyond me. I love the dual vocals between Zeon and Angelika. I also enjoy the combination of modern dark electro music with poetry and philosophy from the 17th to the 19th century. This is definitely not something I hear nowadays in the music scene.

Bella Morte: Exorcisms

I am finally getting around to listening to the new Bella Morte album Exorcisms and it is fucking awesome! They do a stupendous cover of Depeche Mode's "Never Let Me Down". The album is super catchy.

Mondtraume: Still Beating

I love Mondtraume. They put out the best synthpop album of 2014 in my book. It is so ridiculously catchy. At the end of 2014, the duo released the Still Beating EP. "Still Beating" is a new song by the duo featuring a few remixes of tracks from their album Empty. The remixes did not disappoint me and I absolutely love the song "Still Beating". This group can do no wrong in my book.

Aengeldust: Freakshow

Freakshow is an in your face wall of noise. Totally kickass music.

Comments

Popular Posts