Albums I am currently listening to

Angels and Agony: Monument

I just received my copy of the new Angels and Agony album yesterday in the mail. It is excellent. I have already heard it via Spotify but I ordered myself a physical copy of the album because I really liked what I heard. It is great to see the guys in Angels and Agony return to the scene. They put out some excellent futurepop music reminiscent of Solitary Experiments, one of my favorite bands in the past few years. Monument is super catchy. If you like bands such as Solitary Experiments and Assemblage 23, you definitely would like Angels and Agony.

Sleepthief: The Dawnseeker (extended version)

I had received the new extended version of Sleepthief's first album The Dawnseeker last weekend. I have missed owning this album so I was really pleased when Justin announced last year that he would re-release his first album. I was not disappointed. I recommend this album for fans of Conjure One, Balligomingo, and Delerium.

Today I went to uptown to the Cheapo Discs location to see if I could find any some L7 music (which I did but not the albums I wanted). I ended up leaving the store with some '90s electronica music which was good enough for me. I have been on a serious '90s kick for some time now. And before I got into industrial and synthpop music, I was a diehard techno fan in the late '90s/early '00s. The cds I bought today really goes back to my early roots in electronic music. Here are my new music purchases:

Hackers 2 soundtrack

I have always loved the first two Hackers soundtracks, the second is my personal favorite.

BT: ESCM

ESCM is one of my personal favorite albums in the dance genre. IMA was good but I always preferred ESCM. Unfortunately after ESCM, BT's music went to hell in a hand basket for me. Too many outside influences started to show up in BT's music post-ESCM. For me, ESCM epitomized trance music.

Prodigy: The Fat of the Land

It is really good to hear some Prodigy. I think it has been at least ten years since I last heard this album. I think the music sounds better now than when I first heard it in the late '90s.

Okay this next album came out in 2000 but it was still at a time before I seriously got into industrial and synthpop.

Paul Van Dyk: Out There and Back

Out There and Back is my favorite trance album ever. Heck! Paul Van Dyk is still the only dj whose music I will listen to although not very often. Unlike many of his peers, Paul hasn't sold out or let the quality in his music diminish. As much as I like a lot of his recent works, Out There and Back is my personal favorite album from him.

Comments

Popular Posts