Throwback Thursday: My Favorite Albums From 1998

I thought for this week's Throwback Thursday feature, I would share with my readers my readers 10 of my favorite albums from 1998. I was inspired by some of the music I was listening today at the office.

10. Tori Amos: From the Choirgirl Hotel


09. Smashing Pumpkins: Ava Adore


08. Hole: Celebrity Skin


07. Air: Moon Safari


06. Nightwish: Oceanborn


05. Hooverphonic: Blue Wonder Power Milk


04. Garbage: Version 2.0


03. Madonna: Ray of Light


02. Massive Attack: Mezzanine


01. Faithless: Sunday 8pm


1998 definitely was a wonderful year for music especially in the electronica genre. Sunday 8pm by Faithless was hands down my favorite album from that year, as is Massive Attack's Mezzanine and Madonna's Ray of Light. I remember buying Ray of Light on the very day it came out in record stores which was 17 years ago. Someone recommended me the second Hooverphonic album at a temp job I was at for an ad agency when I mentioned that I had their first album. Blue Wonder Power Milk ended up being my all time favorite Hooverphonic album.

I know Hole got slagged for Celebrity Skin which was quite polished and more accessible than Live Through This but I liked the album a lot. It is quite catchy to say the very least. I never really was big on The Smashing Pumpkins but I did like Ava Adore. Of all of Tori Amos' albums, From the Choirgirl Hotel is my favorite Tori Amos album (next to Little Earthquakes).

Of all the albums Nightwish put out with Tarja, Oceanborn is my personal favorite album.I think that was the next album I bought by the band after buying Wishmaster.

Comments

Popular Posts