Albums I am currently listening to












The last couple of weeks have been very kind to me in the music department. I got in the mail my copies of the Neuroticfish and Nightwish albums that I had pre-ordered. Bought the new As/Of album on USB key at the Covenant show last week as well as Covenant's Leaving Babylon album, and over the weekend I bought the new Delta Rae album. At the moment I am completely obsessing over the latest albums by Delta Rae and Nightwish. They are so freaking good.

Delta Rae's music isn't normally something I listen to on a regular basis which can be described as a mix of rock, folk, and country. Very straight forward and mainstream sounding but I like it a lot. The band did not niss a beat with After It All considering the fact that I absolute love their first album Carry the Fire. My absolutely favorite track on the album is "You're the One For Me". I just keep listening to the song over and over.

To hell with some of Nightwish's fans that bitches about Floor but I love Floor Jansen in Nightwish. Endless Forms Most Beautiful is excellent album. I wish "Sagan" wasn't cut from the album but oh well, it is what it is. I really like the third disc in the three disc earbook version of the album. I it contains orchestral versions of the songs. I thought that was a really interesting take on the songs. The instrumentals on the second disc didn't do much for me to be honest.

The new Neuroticfish was well worth the wait and the money I spent for an import CD. The new album has reinvigorated my interest in futurepop, so much I have been listening to the new Frozen Plasma album which is also really good. I definitely recommend those two albums if anyone is looking for some new music especially in the futurepop vein. Also love the latest Covenant album Leaving Babylon. The first time I heard it last year, I was kinda bored but after listening to the album on my stereo and not on Spotify, the whole listening experience changed my attitude towards the album. It is very good.

I am digging the new As\Of album A Million Scars a lot. The band certainly has grown since I first seen them live a few years ago. They are really killer live on stage. 

Comments

Popular Posts