Angel Haze at The Nether Bar on 11.14.15

I just got back from The Nether Bar for the Angel Haze concert. I have been a fan of Angel since I bought her album Dirty Gold last year. As most people who knows me personally, I really am not a huge fan of hip hop music but over the past couple of years the genre has grown on me somewhat. Angel Haze is by far my favorite hip hop artist. I was really thrilled when I had found out last month that she was coming to town (first trip to Minneapolis). I would like to go on record and say that this show should have been booked at The Triple Rock or Amsterdam Bar and Hall. People were crammed together like sardines in a can. Being short and all, tonight's show made for one unpleasant experience for this short person. That said, Angel Haze is a fantastic live performer. She brings a lot of energy to her shows and loves her fans. How many artists do you know who will go off stage and perform with her fans surrounding her? I was impressed. I missed the name of her opening act but he was pretty good however he only performed for about 15-20 minutes. Personally the people who booked the show should have gotten Manchita from Grrrl Prty to also perform tonight. Here are some photos and clips from tonight's show.









A video posted by Erica Anderson (@eanderson74) on


A photo posted by Erica Anderson (@eanderson74) on


A video posted by Erica Anderson (@eanderson74) on


I should note that Angel played a lot of songs from the new album Back to The Woods as well as a few old songs. You can check out her new album on Spotify. It is really good.

Comments

Popular Posts