Best of 2015: Dekadenz by Frozen Plasma

2015 has been rather a unpredictable, if not shaky year in music for me. The year started off rather unimpressive. There was not a lot I heard that impressed me in the first half of the year. One of those rare releases that has really resonated me was Frozen Plasma's latest album Dekadenz. With fellow futurepop acts Angels and Agony and Neuroticfish releasing new albums in the first three months into the new year, Frozen Plasma put out the strongest and most compelling effort of the three bands, not to mention the futurepop/EBM scene (sorry but this year was just not very interesting for the scene to me). The melodies on Dekadenz is nothing short of infectious which was the selling point of the album for me. When I first heard a few tracks from the album not long after the album's release, it was pretty obvious that I was going to buy the album. Through out the rest the spring, summer, and fall, I always found myself going back to this album which I can't say the same for a lot of albums I heard this year. As far as the first half of 2015, Dekadenz is by far the best release I have heard in an otherwise dull beginning for the year. It certainly is a serious contender for a top 10/20 spot in my annual best of list.

Comments

Popular Posts