My Top 20 Favorite Albums of 2015

I am probably going to be one of the few people on this planet that did not think 2015 was a great year for music. It wasn't bad per say, more like mediocre and most of the mediocrity coming from the EBM scene (sorry but I have never had to snooze so much through so much dull music in one year). In the past three years, the music output has been incredible, this year not so much. Much of the year was rather so-so but it wasn't until fall did I hear some excellent music. I am hoping for a better year in 2016. Despite the uninteresting and uninspiring year in music, I was fortunate to find some gems in a sea of mediocre music and here is my top 15 picks of 2015.

01. SPC ECO: Dark Matter


02. Tarja Turunen: Ave Maria En Plein Air


03. Grimes: Art Angels


04. Conjure One: Holoscenic


05. Lana Del Rey: Honeymoon


06. Ashbury Heights: The Looking Glass Society


07. Invocation Array: A Color For Fiction


08. A-HA: Cast in Steel


09. Chvrches: Every Open Eye


10. Chandeen: Winter Reverbs


11. Angel Haze: Back to the Woods


12. Frozen Plasma: Dekadenz


13. Black Violin: Stereotypes


14. Dave Gahan and Soulsavers: Angels and Ghosts


15. Emika: Drei


16. Nightwish: Endless Forms Most Beautiful


17. Delta Rae: After It All


18. Pegasus Asteroid: The Fog


19. Re/Vision: The SkyQode Tribute to De/Vision


20. Keep Shelly in Athens: Now I'm Ready


Honorable Mentions:
Beborn Beton: A Worthy Compensation


Zhala: Zhala


Purity Ring: Another Eternity


Joy Williams: Venus


VNV Nation: Resonance

Comments

Popular Posts