My Favorite Albums From the '90s: Sunday 8pm by Faithless

In the four years I lived in Milwaukee, WI in the mid '90s, my favorite album I ever bought and heard has to be Sunday 8pm by Faithless. I remember seeing a music video for "God is a Dj" on tv and falling in love with the song right away and then finding a promo copy of Sunday 8pm at the now closed Atomic Records and being all giddy about it.

I am not really sure how I discovered Faithless. I had heard of them before from their previous album Reverance, another fantastic album by the UK band. However I heard about them, Faithless became a huge musical influence on me.

I love that the music can easily shift from laid back trip hop to catchy, upbeat dance music. Tracks such as "God is a DJ" and "Take the Long Way Home" would push me into checking out house and trance music. For an album that is almost 20 years old, I have yet to get sick and tired of listening to it especially Maxi Jazz's smooth rapping which is like butter to my ears. I have no doubt I will still be listening to this album when in 20-30 years.

Comments

Popular Posts