Random observations

I will be honest, I am burnt out on Throwback Thursday. I decided to put it on hiatus. I decided to replace the weekly series with some random observations (throw in some irreverent humor here and there). I recently decided to put the journal I was given for Christmas to good use by jotting down some random observations through out the day which includes music.

Random Observation #1: The worst hip hop music out there today has to be just about most "artists" on that trashy tv show Love and Hip Hop (Atlanta, NY, and Hollywood). This pretty much says it all. Crappy and cliched lyrics, horrible delivery.

Gimme Psalm One, Dessa, and Angel Haze over this chick and anyone on Love and Hip Hop.

Random Observation #2: There are just some songs that should NEVER be turned into a dance song, and "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman is that song.

Talk about ruining a classic song. By the way, Tracy Chapman is a goddess. You can't do no wrong with her music.

Random Observation #3: People need to hear Synthia by The Jezabels, one of the best releases of 2016. So far it is in my top spot of my favorite 2016 releases with SVIIB by School of Seven Bells right behind it.



Random Observation #4: my guilty pleasure at the moment is Joey + Rory's Hymn album. Not big on the lyrics (corny but their religious hymns hence the title of the album). It is Joey's vocals that makes the album enjoyable to listen to, she reminds me a little of her idol Dolly Parton.


Random Observationn #5: I am so tired of seeing bands like Hanzel und Gretyl, Lush, and L7 not make an effort to come to the Twin Cities. L7 is playing in Chicago but in August, I am already going to Chicago in September for Lush and it isn't a cheap affair for one person. UGH! Oh well. At least I have seen L7 live once back in 1994 at Lollapalooza. Never seen Lush live. Another thing I want to get a third lens for my DSLR camera so no L7 for sure.

Comments

Popular Posts