My favorite releases in 2016 (so far)

I decided to not do album of the week this week and instead do a brief run down of my favorite releases of 2016 since the first quarter of the year is almost over. Unlike 2015, I have actually heard some fantastic new music in the first four months. 2015 was pretty tepid but 2016 is looking to be making up for it. I would include the new Lush EP Blind Spot but it hasn't officially come out yet.


If you haven't heard the new Kitten EP, I definitely recommend listening to it. Heaven or Somewhere In Between picks up where Kitten's self-titled album leaves off. Chloe Chaidez has a real knack for creating some really catchy pop hooks and she can sing too. I love her vocals too.


If you like Conjure One, Delerium, and Moby, Hydrah is right up your alley. Hold is a short but sweet EP of EDM.


I admit I can't stop raving enough about this album. I can listen to the album from start to finish without skipping as single track.


It is a shame that this is the last School of Seven Bells album. I absolutely adore. I love it so much I have both a digital copy and CD copy. LOL!


People really need to check out Ari Mason. Her music is so freaking awesome.


Midnight Machines is an acoustic collection of LIGHTS music from her album Little Machines. I love the stripped down interpretations of her music.

Softwave is one of my new favorite finds on Bandcamp this year. Please do check out this wonderful EP.



While Apollo and Dionysus isn't as good as Shine and Burn, the album is still very good and I certainly do consider it one of my favorite releases this year. 

Comments

Popular Posts