Album Of The Week: Peak and Decay by CHROM

I haven't been listening to a lot of EBM/futurepop music lately. I find myself rediscovering some of the music I listened to in the late '90s/early '00s (which consists of a lot of techno and cheesy pop) but since this past weekend I have been listening to the new CHROM album Peak and Decay. Interesting fact: CHR is taken from vocalist Chris' name and OM is from Tom's name.

Anyhoo their last album Synthetic Movement was in the top five of my 2012 best of list. Being a huge fan of that album, I was ready for some new CHROM to drop. The four years between Synthetic Movement and Peak and Decay was so worth the wait. While there were about two - three tracks on the last album I wasn't particularly crazy about, on the  new album I loved all the songs from start to finish. If you haven't heard of this album or of CHROM in general, go check out both the band and the new album.

Comments

Popular Posts