A general list of my favorite releases from 2016

I can't believe December is right around the corner. Soon I will have to post my best of 2016 list, probably closer to the end of December or possibly in the beginning of January. I decided this year I won't post my favorite album from this year every day like I have done in the past two years just to give myself a break. Instead I decided to post a list of my favorite releases from this year. I will eventually trim it down somewhere between 10-20 albums. 

I think 2016 has been a great year for music. Lush briefly reunited and gave their fans new music even if it was just in the form a four song EP. Going to their Chicago show was a real treat for me. That was so worth the nine hours on the megabus. Same with seeing Belly live the night before.

There have been some disappointments for sure. I wasn't all that impressed with the new Garbage album Strange Little Birds. Did enjoy seeing them live over the summer at the Skyway Theatre. While I liked Mythologie by Delerium, I just can not say it was one of the best releases in 2016. 

Definitely two of the best albums this year are You Want It Darker by the late Leonard Cohen and Midwest Farmer's Daughter by Margo Price. I wasn't expecting to like both albums but I do and am constantly listening to both albums.

Aby Wolf: Call the Rocks
Ari Mason: Creatures
Assemblage 23: Endure
Avarice in Audio: Apollo and Dionysus
Ayria: Paper Dolls
Bat For Lashes: The Bride
Blaqk Audio: Material
Delain: Moonbathers
Hydrah: Hold
Kanga: Kanga
Kitten: Heaven or Somewhere in Between
Krewella: Ammunition
Kristin Kontrol: X-Communicate
Leaves' Eyes; King of Kings
Leonard Cohen: You Want It Darker
Lush: Blind Spot
Margo Price: Midwest Farmer's Daughter
Marsheaux: Ath.Lon
Mondtraume: Free
Phantogram: III
Purple Fog Side: Breathe In
Psy'Aviah: Chasing the Speed of Light
Rotersand: Capitalism TM
School of Seven Bells: SVIIB
Shura: Nothing's Real
Sleigh Bells: Jessica Rabbit
Softwave: Together Alone
Tegan and Sara: Love You To Death
The Jezabels: Synthia
White Lies: Friends
Youth Code: Commitment to Complications

Comments

Popular Posts