Albums and Playlists I Am Currently Listening to

Albums:




Yeah, I have been on an Autumn kick to get myself revved up for their most recent show (last night) at Day Block Brewing Company with UZZA. I was not disappointed (and UZZA put on an excellent show as well). The band played some new songs as well as a mix of old songs from The Hating Tree and Return to the Breath. I just wished I didn't have that gin and tonic, my third drink of the evening. That did me in for the night. lol. Too bad the band won't be playing live for awhile and will be focusing on new music which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I still love seeing them perform live.


Ever since I saw Ayria this past Tuesday, I have been listening to her new album Paper Dolls which is fantastic. I like it a lot more than Plastic Makes Perfect which had more filler tracks IMHO.



I have been listening to the new Blaqk Audio album a lot since a friend of mine gave it to me while at the Ayria concert. I am reminded of Covenant and Apoptygma Berzerk.


Still love this album to bits and pieces. Leonard had such a beautiful voice which matched well with his lyrics.







My issues with Sleigh Bells is that their recordings do not have the same energy and aggression as their live performances. Their show I saw back in September was one of the best shows I have seen this year. They had so much energy and aggression. Their new album comes a bit closer to their live sound. I definitely have been enjoying the new Sleigh Bells album in the past several days.


If you like the post-punk sounds of The Rope, you definitely need to hear the new White Lies album. Dope album!

Playlists:




Comments

Popular Posts