Album Of The Week: Theater of Dimensions by Xandria

I absolutely loved Xandria's last full length studio album Sacrificium. That was my first introduction to Xandria. Singer Dianne van Giersgergen's vocals struck a chord with me. She reminded me quite a bit of Tarja Turunen with her operatic vocals. I was super excited when the band finally released their new album Theater of Dimensions. I have to admit this album was not an easy album to digest. The songs on this album was not nearly as melodic as Sacrificium was with the exception of 'Forsaken Love", my personal favorite track on the album. That said, with every listen of this album the music does grow on me bit by bit. I like banging my head to the music while at work during the day. It is really too early to say if this will end up as being one of the best releases of 2017. Only time will tell. I really wasn't impressed with the deluxe edition that features a few acoustic tracks. I would just opt listening to the regular album.

Comments

Popular Posts