Album Of The Week: Elegies by Tiny Deaths

Last weekend I went over to the Electric Fetus and treated myself to some new music. One of the albums I bought was the new album by local act Tiny Deaths which consists of Claire de Lune and producer Grant Cutler (ex-Lookbook). I have been a fan for a couple of years. I think word of mouth via City Pages is how I discovered Tiny Deaths. I have only been able to catch Tiny Deaths live a couple of times but when I have (last time when TD opened up for Sleigh Bells last fall) they sounded amazing.

Elegies is the new release from Claire and Grant. It is a beautifully, lush electropop album. I have been listening to the album every day since I bought it. The album is easily my favorite release from the duo. It is short but very sweet. I am reminded at times of Goldfrapp when they have toned down the dance beats and are more subdued and mellow. Please take a listen to their new album. It is fantastic.

Comments

Popular Posts