Albums and Playlists I Am Currently Listening to

Albums:
















Playlists:














Earlier this week I went to the library on my day off from that cess pool I call work. I picked up some CDs to listen to at work. I'm glad I did because this week ended up being a colossal shitfest and music was my saving grace. Right now I am particularly digging the second Lost Themes by John Carpenter, The Best of Chris Isaak by Chris Isaak, and Deja Vu by legandary producer Giorgio Moroder.

I am generally not into modern dance music as I once was when I was living in Milwaukee in the '90s and would spend my weekends getting shitfaced in nightclubs, but I am really digging Deja Vu. I got it on a whim. I wasn't even expecting to like it. I can't believe I have slept on this album in 2015.

I have been in such a horrible mood all week between work and just the ongoing cold ass weather I call winter which this year for me has been sucking the life out of me. I have been finding Chris Isaak's 'music especially his gorgeous vocals quite therapeutic. The same can be said about Autumn's music but in a different way since Julie Plante's vocals often can be confrontational and passionate like on some of the tracks on The Hating Tree (i.e "How It Came To Be This Way" and "Desert Winds of Jezebel").

On the up side, I have gotten inspired to create a few new playlists in one week. Just the other day, I was reminded of the synthpop group GLOW. Fortunately I was able to find their music on Spotify and put all their music onto one playlist to listen to. I completely forgotten about this group for the past few years.

Thursday night I finally got around to creating a goth/darkwave playlist after my recent playlist of my current favorite songs. I also put together a playlist of a slew of Conjure One remixes.

Comments

Popular Posts